God, Holy Trinity, Christ
Divinity of Christ
- Filioque - Catholic Answers
- THE GREEK AND LATIN TRADITIONS REGARDING THE PROCESSION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT - The Holy Father, in a homily give in St Peter's Basilica on 29 June 1995, in the presence of the Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I, expressed a desire that "the traditional doctrine of the Filioque, present in the liturgical version of the Latin Credo, [be clarified] in order to highlight its full harmony with what the Ecumenical Council of Constantinople of 381 confesses in its creed: the Father as the source of the whole Trinity, the one origin both of the Son and of the Holy Spirit".
- The Divinity of Christ - Catholic Answers
- The Eternal Sonship of Christ - Catholic Answers
- http://www.ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/b16ChrstChrch52.HTM - St. Hilary of Poitiers Pope, Benedict XVI: On Wednesday, 3 October , during the General Audience in St. Peter's Square, the Holy Father commented on the fourth-century Bishop, St. Hilary of Poitiers. In the controversy with the Arians, who considered Jesus the Son of God to be an excellent human creature but only human, Hilary devoted his whole life to defending faith in the divinity of Jesus Christ, Son of God and God as the Father who generated him from eternity.
- http://www.ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/b16ChrstChrch67.HTM - The Pope (St. Leo the Great. 5th century) asserted this faith in Jesus Christ, true God and true man, in an important doctrinal text addressed to the Bishop of Constantinople....
- http://www.ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/b16ChrstChrch53.HTM - By defending Christ’s divinity and exercising great pastoral zeal, Eusebius inspires us even today to preserve the faith, live in peace and pray always.
- Arianism - Catholic Encyclopedia: Arianism: A heresy which arose in the fourth century, and denied the
Divinity of Jesus Christ.
Mary & The Saints
Devotion to Mary
Mary, Ever Virgin
Mary, the Mother of God
Queenship of Mary
- INEFFABILIS DEUS (The Immaculate Conception) - Pope Pius IX. Apostolic Constitution issued on December 8, 1854.
- AD DIEM ILLUM LAETISSIMUM (On the Immaculate Conception) - Pope Pius X. Encyclical promulgated on 2 February 1904. To the Patriarchs, Primates, Archbishops, Bishops, and other Ordinaries in Peace and Communion with the Apostolic See.
- ORTHODOXY AND THE DOCTRINE OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION OF THE THEOTOKOS—UNIQUE TO THE MODERN ROMAN CHURCH OR ANCIENT EASTERN TRADITION? - Dave Brown. ...from end to end of the Byzantine world, both Catholic and Orthodox greet the Mother of God as "archrantos", "the immaculate, spotless one," no less than eight times in the Divine Liturgy alone. But especially on the feast of her conception (December 9 in the Byzantine Church) is her immaculateness stressed:
- Mary's Immaculate Conception by Fr. William G. Most. "...from the beginning, she was in a state of grace, sharing in God's own life, and that she was free from the sinful inclinations which have beset human nature after the fall."
- IV. Immaculate Conception: a) History of the Doctrine
- by Fr. William G. Most.
The Immaculate Conception of Mary by Dr. Robert Schihl. The constant faith (tradition: paradosis) of the Church attests to the belief in the special preparation of the holiness of the person of Mary to bear in her body the most holy person of the Son of God. -- Excerpted and abridged from Chap. 7 of A Biblical Apologetic of the Catholic Faith, by Dr. Robert Schihl, Professor at Regent University.
- Mary: "Full of Grace" - Catholic Answers
- CHRISTIANS LOOK TO MARY QUEEN - Pope John Paul II.
"Mary is Queen not only because she is Mother of God, but also because, associated as the new Eve with the new Adam, she co-operated in the work of the redemption of the human race", the Holy Father said at the General Audience of 23 July 1997, as he reflected on Mary's universal queenship. This was the 56th in the series on the Blessed Virgin.
- XVII. Queenship - Fr. William G. Most. Jesus is King throughout all eternity by nature and by right of conquest: through Him, with Him, and subordinate to Him, Mary is Queen by grace, by divine relationship, by right of conquest, and by singular choice [of the Father].
- Is Mary's Queenship Biblical? - by, Edward P. Sri. He looks at the biblical theme of the "queen mother" in the Davidic Kingdom, in relation to the mystery of Mary's Queenship.
THE PATRISTIC PRAISE OF MARY by, John A. Hammes
Intercession of the Saints
- REDEMPTORIS MATER (Mother of the Redeemer) - John Paul II. Encyclical Letter of John Paul II on the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Life of the Pilgrim Church promulgated on 25 March 1987
- OUR LADY IN DOCTRINE AND DEVOTION - Fr. William G. Most. Mary in Doctrine and Devotion - Fr. Most's basic Mariology course, taught at the Notre Dame Catechetical Institute. Examines: The Eternal Plan of God. The Old Testament. The Gospels. Immaculate Conception, Divine Motherhood, Perpetual Virginity. Coredemptrix, Mediatrix of All Graces, Mother of the Church, Assumption, Queenship, Consort of her Son. Mary and Vatican II, Rev 12. Marian devotions and the Spiritual life. Discernment of Spirits: Private Revelations and Apparitions. CO-REDEMPTRIX
- THE MOTHER OF GOD IN THE MISSION OF SALVATION - Pope Paul VI. This homily was given by Pope Paul VI, on Feast of the Assumption, in the Parish Church of Castel Gandolfo. The Holy Father took as his theme the glory and virtue of the Mother of God, her teaching and example for the Church and for souls.
- Newman and the Mother of God by, John R. Griffin. In this essay John Griffin examines Cardinal Newman's various writings about the Mother of God from a controversialist position rather than as a theologian or devotional writer.
The Church and the Papacy
Authority of the Bishop of Rome
The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and the Holy Eucharist
The Anointing of the Sick
Scripture and Tradition
Development of Dogma
Recommended Books, Links and other Resources
Doctors of the Church
Theology & Apologetics
- Papal Encyclicals Online - This site contains an extensive collection of papal encyclicals and other papal documents from the current Pope back to Pope Honorius (1226).
- St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology - The Saint Paul Center for Biblical Theology, founded in 2002 by Dr. Scott Hahn, promotes biblical literacy for lay people and biblical fluency for the clergy.
- Nazareth Resource Library - Its mission is to bring quality Christian literature to the world wide web.
...areas of specialization are in the areas of apologetics, the Bible, and theology...also specialization in the early Church Fathers...