IMPORTANT PRO-LIFE NEWS! - URGENT UPDATE
http://aclj.us/mc9d - It is a case that literally involves life and death. We're talking about the promised execution of a Christian pastor in Iran. His only crime: He embraced Christianity and, for that, has been sentenced to death by the Muslim-controlled government of Iran. Join the ACLJ's aggressive international effort to save his life. I just signed the Petition to Secretary of State Clinton - Call on Iran to save Christian pastor. Please sign with me today.
Beatings Jeopardize Health of Chinese Forced Abortion Opponent - “Without showing any legal documents and without any of them wearing a uniform, they plundered almost everything from my home. My husband and I were wounded severely, yet not allowed to leave home for any medical aid,” Yuan explained. “More than 10 men covered me totally with a blanket and kicked my ribs and all over my body. After half an hour’s non-stop torture, I finally squeezed my head out of the blanket. I saw more than 10 men surrounded Chen Guangcheng, torturing him.”
Please take a few minutes to read the rest of this short article and please sign the petition. The link for the petition is provided in the context of the article.
Defunding Planned Parenthood | RedState Please take a few moments to read this post, and then follow the link at the end where it says: 'Be a voice for the voiceless unborn. Join the fight here.' (And sign the petition to stop abortion funding.) Thank you for your time and help in this crucial fight.
Please call your Senators Now to Keep Abortion Off Military Bases - Important update!
Please also see these important Pro-Life videos/audios and stories.
When does life begin? - Ward Kischer, PHD., Human Embryologist, Emeritus Professor of cell biology and anatomy at the University of AZ College of Medicine. Specialty in Human Embryology, said: "Every embryologist in the world knows that the life of the new individual human being beigns at fertilization. It is not a belief; it is a sceintific fact." - Ward Kischer, PHD., Specialty in Human Embryology
WOMEN MUST SEE! Abortion horror stories! Doctor cover ups! - Carol Everett tells about botched abortions, and the coverups made so noone would find out, and how dangerous the abortion can be physically from the surgery.
Blood Money video clip
http://www.realhealthcarerespectslife.com - Don't be fooled: Abortion is in Health Care. See this important video.
http://www.youtube.com/user/stopabortionmandate?msource=c4alerts#p/a/u/0/9iPym0GvYEg - Stop the Abortion Mandate TV Ad
Pregnant by Rape Personal Stories and Pro-Life Speakers - This page is a compilation of life-affirming personal stories of rape survivors who became pregnant out of rape and they are either parenting the child, placed their child for adoption, regret aborting their child, or miscarried their child...
Conceived in Rape Personal Stories and Pro-Life Speakers - This page is a compilation of life-affirming personal stories of men and women who were conceived in rape and/or incest...
Priests for Life Columns - Since 1993, Priests for Life has provided a continuous stream of articles to the Catholic papers throughout the United States. In the spring of 1997, Priests for Life began to make Fr. Frank Pavone's columns available to Catholic papers, as well as to a wide range of pro-life publications, on a bi-weekly basis.
Special Column by Fr. Frank Pavone:
Prayer and Testimony Will Shape Health Care Debate
Priests for Life Podcast - Priests for Life's podcasts are offered at no cost. The podcasts include Fr. Frank Pavone's daily one-minute radio spot, his bi-weekly column, audio from the Gospel of Life TV program and all additions to the Priests for Life Audio Library. How to subscribe to the Priests for Life podcast...
VIDEO: Post-Abortion Voices Join Health Care Debate "Abortion didn’t solve our problems; it only created new ones." Thus say the women and men who resorted to abortion and ended up regretting it. Their voices are heard in the Silent No More Awareness Campaign, and in this video.
Celts4Life - My Pro-Life Blog
Terri Schindler Shiavo Foundation - “Helping Families Fight for Those Who Cannot Fight for Themselves” - Please visit this website for more information about this very important issue.
Articles and Essays
Crisis Pregnancy Support
Natural Family Planning
- http://www.priestsforlife.org/crisis.html - Priests for Life wants to do what we can to help connect you with the people and resources which can make the choice for life a practical one, as well as a loving one for you and your baby, regardless of your financial or social situation.
- http://midtnads.com/Choices.shtml - Caring Choices is a non-profit organization. We are here to help those who have an unplanned pregnancy to make informed decisions about their pregnancy. We have an adoption program and offer pregnancy counseling, free pregnancy tests, and bilingual services. Our services are offered regardless of religious affiliation.
Natural Family Planning Outreach - NFP Outreach is a comprehensive clearinghouse for accurate, practical, up-to-date information on Natural Family Planning, its practice, its effectiveness, its benefits and its underlying moral principles.
Outreach for women and men suffering from the trauma of abortion.
- Rachel's Vineyard weekends for healing after abortion are offered throughout the year in locations across the United States and Canada, with additional sites internationally. Also offered is a 13-week support group model for Rachel's Vineyard. Rachel’s Vineyard is a ministry of Priests for Life.
Theresa Karminski Burke, Ph. D., is the founder of Rachel's Vineyard Ministries and the author of The Rachel's Vineyard Weekend Retreat Manuals for both Catholic and Interdenominational settings. Theresa started one of the first therapeutic support groups for post-aborted women in 1986 after founding The Center for Post Abortion Healing.
- Search for Rachel's Vineyard retreats by location. - If you wish to attend a retreat in these locations, please call or e-mail the contact person listed or call toll-free at 877 HOPE 4 ME.
To find international locations for Rachel's Vineyard retreats, go to the Rachel's Vineyard site, and go to 'Retreats > Find a Retreat > By Location > International >'
- http://www.stignatiussf.org/rachel.htm - For I will turn their mourning into joy. (Jeremiah 31:13); Compassionate Support, Reconciliation with a Loving God, Emotional Healing.
- http://www.afterabortion.org/ - This is the web's most complete source of information on the aftereffects of abortion and post-abortion healing.
- http://www.afterabortion.org/catholic.html - In his encyclical letter Evangelium Vitae (The Gospel of Life, paragraph 99), Pope John Paul II has a special message for women who have had an abortion.
"...The Father of mercies is ready to give you his forgiveness and his peace in the Sacrament of Reconciliation. You will come to understand that nothing is definitively lost and you will also be able to ask forgiveness from your child, who is now living in the Lord..."
- PoorChoice.org - Women who make the choice to have an abortion subsequently face an elevated risk of death from all causes (especially suicide), more depression, more substance abuse, more delivery problems in later pregnancies, more divorces, more breast cancer . . . and the list goes on and on. (See Research and Testimonies)
- http://www.austindiocese.org/department_home.php?id=20 - Are you or someone you know pregnant and needing help? Or dealing with post-abortion syndrome? Call 1-877-WE CARE 2 for local help. Trained volunteers are scheduled to answer the phone calls, which are forwarded into the volunteer's home. If in Austin, you may also call 512-238-1246
- http://www.mailbag.com/users/ctcoyle/men-survey.html - Any man whose partner had an abortion can fill out a confidential survey here about his experience.
- http://www.gravityteen.com/pregnancy/pregnancy.cfm - A great site for Teens especially, and very informative for parents too. Hear real teens talk about their stories with pregnancy and abortion regret,as well as those who survived being aborted!! Yes, there are some!
- http://abortionbreastcancer.com/ - As of 2006, eight medical organizations recognize that abortion raises a woman's risk for breast cancer, independently of the risk of delaying the birth of a first child (a secondary effect that all experts already acknowledge).
- http://www.operationoutcry.org/pages.asp?pageid=23064 - You're not alone. There is hope and help after abortion.
The National HELPLINE 1-866-482-LIFE Toll-free, confidential, 24-7. Calls are answered by women who have personal experience with abortion and the healing process.
- The UnChoice.com From unwanted abortions to deadly aftereffects,
abortion endangers the rights and lives of both. To challege/change leaders - political, religious, school, etc. - please take our research-based materials, with new well-cited facts and stories in user-friendly format to them. Please share freely, from the Elliot Institute.
- Just The Facts A great website with facts about the first 9 months of a baby's life in the mother's womb, when life begins, foetal surgery and foetal pain, the baby's heartbeat, video clips and more.
- Human Life International - The mission of HLI is to promote and defend the sanctity of life and family around the world according to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church through prayer, service and education. . . Human Life International is the largest international, pro-life, pro-family, pro-woman organization in the world.
. . . HLI takes a total approach to the life issues from the moment of natural fertilization to the moment of natural death. This holy mission is consecrated to Our Lady of Guadalupe, the Mother of Life, and St. Joseph, Her most chaste spouse.
- American Life League - American Life League is a 501(c)(3) organization co-founded in 1979 by Judie Brown and nine other dedicated pro-life Americans. It is the largest grassroots Catholic pro-life education organization in the United States.
- Operation Outcry - Operation Outcry is the project of The Justice Foundation to end legal abortion by exposing the truth about its devastating impact on women, men and families, and the message of hope for those hurting from abortion.
- Precious Life: A voice for the unborn child - Precious Life is the largest pro-life group in Northern Ireland and the only pro-life group actively working on the streets every day. We are composed of people from all sections of the community who care deeply about unborn children and their mothers. We are non-denominational and non-party political.
- The Population Research Institute - Population Research Institute is a pro-life educational organization dedicated to protecting and defending human life, ending human rights abuses committed in the name of family planning, and dispelling the myth of overpopulation.
- Crossroads - Walking across America to save the unborn.
- Walk for Life West Coast - 7th Annual Walk for Life will be on January 22, 2011
- 40 Days For Life - 40 Days for Life starts September 22 in 238 locations
- Pro-Life Freedom Rides - The pro-life movement is all about freedom. That’s why Priests for Life, with the leadership of our Pastoral Associate Dr. Alveda King, is launching “Freedom Rides” for the unborn to galvanize pro-life activity across the country.
- Catholic Vote Action - CatholicVoteAction.org (CVA) is the legislative life, family, and the power of human freedom to renew America.
- Political Responsibility - Priests for Life Forming Political Responsibility Teams for 2010 and 2012 -- We need your help, and we need you to sign up now! Please fill in the form ... and we will communicate with you in more detail about the important opportunities that the coming elections bring us!
- Helping Christians Register to Vote - Priests for Life is calling upon all believers to do all they can to register as many fellow believers as possible to vote in each year's elections.